For all beginners this is a really really helpful video which will help answer any question you may have. For experienced canners, you might pick up some interesting tips (I know I did!). Its a very informative video.
Lots of information on how to use the canner, and she also on to make some pretty delicious looking blueberry jam.
Includes How to:
– wash jars and lids with hot and soapy water and rinse well.
– to sterilize jars, place jars in canner with just simmering water. Leave the jars in there until ready to use.
– warm lids (do not boil) in smaller pan.
– remove jam, jelly, etc. from heat and ladle into hot jars. Fill jars according to your recipe.
– make sure there’s no jam on the rim of the jars that could affect the seal. Clean with a damp cloth if needed.
– place lids on top of jars and screw on bands until finger tight.
– place jars in canner and lower into water. Make sure there’s at least 1-2 inches of water over the top of the jars. Bring water to a boil and process jars according to your recipe.