This recipe will make approx 4 cups.
- 4 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 4 cups sugar (I use raw sugar)
- The juice of one orange plus enough water to equal 4 cups
- The zest of 1 orangeINSTRUCTIONS
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, zest and water in big stockpot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Add the cranberries and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and boil gently for 10 minutes while the cranberries pop open.
- Pour into a fine-mesh sieve over a heat-proof bowl until all that remains is a paste of little twiggy bits and seeds from the cranberries and orange zest. Pour into sterile canning jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe the rims, place new lids on the jars, and screw the rings into place until finger-tip tight.
- Store in the refrigerator OR place the jars filled with hot cranberry sauce in a canner and cover with hot water. Bring to a boil and process for 15 minutes, whether in a pint, pint and a half, or quart sized jar. Turn off the heat, remove the lid from the canner and let the jars remain in the water for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack or towel to cool overnight, undisturbed. Wipe the jars down, label them, and store in a cool, dark place for up to a year.
And that’s all there is to it! Enjoy!
Thanks to foodiewithfamily.com