This makes for around 8-10 Mason Jars and is extremely tasty and easy to make!
With just a few ingredients once you have canned this, you will need to wait 6 days before you can use…
Check out the recipe here:
1 red cabbage
2 tablespoons salt
10 cups white vinegar
6 tablespoons pickling spice
1. Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into quarters. Slice off the cabbage core at an angle. Remove the outer leaves. Slice each quarter thinly.
2. Place the cabbage in a large bowl and toss with the two tablespoons of salt. Place a plate or lid on the cabbage and place a heavy weight on top of the plate to press down on the cabbage. Set aside and leave for 24 hours.
3. After 24 hours have passed, bring water in a large pot to boil. Wash the jars with hot soapy water and then sterilize the jars in the boiling water for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a non-metallic, enamel pot, boil together the vinegar and the pickling spice. Bring to a boil and let boil for 6 minutes.
5. Pack the cabbage in the jars, leaving one inch of headroom at the top. Ladle the hot vinegar mixture over the jars. Dunk the lids in the hot water used to sterilize the jars for one minute, and then remove the lids, wipe them dry, wipe the jar rims, and seal the jars. Ready to use after 6 days.