I couldn’t resist and neither will you! Look how tempting this is! And what’s more – the recipe is easy and doesn’t take long at all so while away an afternoon (just dont eat all the strawberries first!) and make some of this divine jam! Your family and friends will be over the moon!
- 6 cups chopped strawberries
- two boxes powdered pectin
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Wash and sterilize six 250ml jam jars. Boil the flat parts of the lids in a small pot and keep at a low simmer.
- Mash the berries with a potato masher and place in a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the pectin, stir with a wooden spoon, and place on a burner over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Stir and boil for 1 min.
- Remove from heat and add the honey and lemon juice and mix well. Return to heat and bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 min, stirring constantly.
- Remove jam from heat and let sit for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken slightly. Ladle jam into hot jars, then place a flat lid on jars, and add screw rings.
- Immerse jars in hot water bath, and boil rapidly for 8 min. Remove from bath and place on a towel on the counter to cool.